Monday, January 26, 2009

Memories Of Friendships With My Chinese Friends Part I

I am certain that many of you have Chinese friends. I am no exception. Today is the first day of the Gong Xi Fa Cai celebrations and before I start, I would like to wish everyone, especially my Chinese friends, a happy, wealthy and prosperous New Year. I met my very first Chinese friends in pre-school. I still remember their names. One was Pang Choon Han and the other was Catherine. My next Chinese friend was in the same class in primary school and we still keep in touch, despite the odds, until the present day. His name is Leong Kok Wah, slenderly built and has always given me frank and wise advice when I had been facing personal problems. Financially, he has also not hesitated when I really needed to borrow some cash. Our friendship has lasted for 36 years and I hope it will last for an eternity. In our younger days, I would visit his bungalow house to study together, play games with his brother and I would also bring along my brother for the fun of it. Yes, these memories will be etched in my mind forever. Times have changed. I got married in 1995, Kok Wah in 1992, if I am not mistaken. Both of us had become husbands and fathers. Whereas both of my parents had passed away, sometimes I envy Kok Wah as he has both his parents alive and kicking. Kok Wah is the eldest and has four other siblings, two boys and two girls. He is also blessed with two intelligent and active boys. Kok Wah works with his father, who owns a printing set-up. Later today, I will be making a beeline for his house and I am very sure that we have a lot of catching up to do. Leong Kok Wah, you are a true friend to me. Please take care always, my friend.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


Visitor Map
Create your own visitor map!