Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Soleha And The UPSR

Well, the results of the Ujian Penilaian Sekolah Rendah (UPSR) or the Primary School Evaluation Test were out last week on Thursday, 19th November 2009. My daughter, Shahidatul Soleha, had been one of the many, many thousands of candidates who sat for the UPSR in September 2009. Her results? She achieved one A, two Cs and two Ds. Thank God, she passed all her subjects that she had taken! Although I had high hopes for her, I knew it would not be forthcoming this first time around. You see, she had quite a slow start to her primary school learning and for several months before the UPSR, I was getting nervous and quite worried with her performance in school tests. I am just too pleased that she scored at least an A in one of her subjects. In my opinion, the teaching of core subjects in English must have had something to do with my daughter's "poor" performance. Malaysian students will do better if the core subjects are being taught in Malay and I fail to understand why the past government of Malaysia changed the medium of instruction to English. We are Malaysians, for God's sake! Now the government has the cheek to change back the medium of instruction back to Malay. I would not be surprised that in the future, it would be changed back again to English. Malaysian politicians are well known to be very inconsistent in their policies that they preach. Common lah, guys! You should know better! Now, I need to send my daughter to remedial English classes as her grasp of this language is not what it should be for a student that will enter secondary school next year. I deeply regret that she had to study in English for the past six years as her teachers are proven to be not that good in imparting lessons in this language. Or else, my daughter's results could be much, much better. Period.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


Visitor Map
Create your own visitor map!