Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Water Woes

I will remember 17th April 2006 forever.
On this day, the water supply to my apartment was blocked by the management office. Reason? My apartment's landlord had not settled the maintenance fees for the past ten months. I do not know why they did not settle the relevant fees, but I deplore their actions. After the water cut, there was still water running in my apartment's taps, thanks to the full water tank. However, on Thursday, my wife called me when I was out doing some assignments that there was no more water. I kept my cool and remembered that the only way we could get the water supply back to normal was to settle all outstanding maintenance fees. I called some close friends, but there were either unable or hesitant in lending me the cash. I promised them that I would pay back the following Monday when funds from a cheque I deposited cleared. Finally, I made a call to my sister in Penang and thank god she agreed to loan me the amount needed. True to her words, the money was credited into my account the following morning and immediately after withdrawing the cash, I settled the fees and my water supply was back to normal soon after. We can live without food for several days, but without water, we suffer faster.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


Visitor Map
Create your own visitor map!