Wednesday, September 13, 2006

VIOBA BBQ On September 2, 2006

I attended the VIOBA BBQ on Saturday, September 2, 2006 at the VIOBA Clubhouse. Approximately 150 Victorians and guests turned out, including Dato Jaffar Indot, Yusli Mohamed Yusoff, Dato Ali Tan Sri Kadir,Datuk Johan Raslan and Andrew Abishegam. Food was excellent and I was spoilt for choice. In the end I tried a bit of almost everything. There were lamb chops, chicken chops, char koay teow, ABC, sate, nasi lemak, nasi goreng, some western stuff, pastries and fruits. Karaoke was available and I ended up singing about a dozen songs until 2.00 am. The turnout of my batch of VI81 was disappointing, to say the least. So, I sat down with the batch of VI80, who included Ainol Akbar, Alan, Tengku Fauzi, Azizul, Shariff, Safrizal and Noor Khan. Our table ended up winning four lucky draw prizes and also the best dressed gentleman for the night, which went to Azizul, who wore a classic batic shirt. I was also lucky. My ticket number 201 won me a lucky draw prize in the form of Tan Chin Nam's autobiography. The weather was excellent and the company was superb. I had a really good time catching up with friends, some I have not met in 26 years! When the karaoke ended at 2.00 am, Rashdan, Praba and myself engaged in a discussion which lasted until 4.00 am. In the process, Praba even dozed off on his chair. He has worked very hard to make this event a success. My congratulations and appreciation to all the BBQ organizing committee members that sacrificed their time to make this function a reality. For 2007, VIOBA will be organising a gala dinner at a 5-star hotel. And I am looking forward to it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


Visitor Map
Create your own visitor map!