Friday, May 21, 2010

Crazy Weather

My birthplace, Kuala Lumpur, has been experiencing "crazy weather". One day it would shine throughout the morning, only to experience a heavy downpour in the early evening. These downpours would happen at any time of the day and I must confess that I have been a victim of circumstances. You see, a week back, I developed a high fever, probably due to my lack of sleep. The fever subsided only to be continued by a sore throat where I even have problems swallowing my saliva. Well, the indicators show that I would be all okay by Tuesday. On this day, I had a meeting outside. And like I anticipated, there was a heavy downpour that lasted almost four hours. Call me foolhardy, but I decided at 6.15 p.m. on Tuesday to brave the downpour as I got really bored waiting for the rain to stop. I got back home soaked to the bone and took a shower. And, hey presto, my fever came back. I thought I could sleep it off. Therefore, I spent the whole of Wednesday on my mattress, hoping everything would turn out all right when I woke up. Woe and behold, the fever did subside a bit on Thursday, but my sore throat grew worse. So, I decided to see my local doctor at his clinic. Yes, he confirmed that my throat was red and sore, revealed that my body temperature was slightly above normal. He, then, prescribed me an expectorant for my phlegm that was coming out like nobody's business, a set of lozenges to help me with my throat and some antibiotics. I spent Thursday afternoon on my mattress again and had some light food when I woke up a few hours later. I hope to get well really soon as my illness is disrupting my daily routine. On the other hand, my religion believes that sickness is God's way of forgiving our past sins. Yes, please forgive me my Lord.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


Visitor Map
Create your own visitor map!