Monday, February 28, 2011

Under The Weather For Three Weeks

I pride myself in being a very healthy person. But, once in a while, I get sick, too. I notice that each time I fall ill, the illness is somewhat prolonged. This time is no different. I was sleeping comfortably with the ceiling fan on one night, albeit a bit too fast. Then, before dawn, it rained like cats and dogs. When I woke up that fateful morning, I was already running a temperature. Okay, my body is a bit heaty. Fine. Took Panadol for the next few days. The fever somewhat subsided. Then, things got worse again, so much so that I decided to visit a doctor the following week. He prescribed me some fever tablets, anti-biotics and the lot. I took them for a single day before my good friend, Shah, recommended and even gave me some pure honey. So, I tried it for a few days. No doubt honey is good, but recovery was very slow and painful. Even swallowing my saliva was a challenge. It did not help that I am a smoker. So, I decided to finish the doctor's prescriptions. It did help for awhile. My fever, flu and cough were gone. The only thing left was my sore throat. Upon some advice from Shah again, I bought some garlic oil capsules and huge doses of vitamin C, and also some pure honey. That was around four days ago and I stuck to the supplements religiously. And you know what, I am very happy to say that my throat is almost back to normal. Maybe 95%. However, in the process, I did lose 5 kgs. I now weigh almost 77 kgs. Thank God for giving my health back!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


Visitor Map
Create your own visitor map!