Saturday, December 31, 2005

I Won.

One of my hobbies is to enter write-in contests that are organised all the time.

Over the past years, I have managed to win many prizes in over 40 contests, mostly small prizes and rarely cash. These prizes range from a washing machine and a portable telephone, to t-shirts and CDs. This changed in 2005...

In late 2004, I answered an e-mail internet survey organised by
www.cari.com.my and I forgot all about it. Then, one day in February 2005, out of curiosity, I put the words "Akram Mohamad winner" as keywords in a google search. Much to my surprise, there was a find and when I opened the link, I was astonished and overjoyed to find out that I had won a first prize in the CARI internet suvey. I received RM500 (USD131.58) cash!

Soon after that win, I bought a couple of 4 digit numbers and one of them turned out to be the first prize. I had won another RM2500 (USD657.89) ! I was overjoyed! I did not spend the money, but used most of it to settle my Citibank bank loan. I know gambling is evil and some religions prohibit it. For these reasons, I have recently vowed not to gamble anymore and waste precious money that can be put to good use elsewhere. Dear God, please forgive me...

I will be entering more contests, as I normally do, and hope to win many, many more prizes...May Lady Luck smile on me in 2006!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


Visitor Map
Create your own visitor map!