Monday, February 13, 2006

My First Valentine

Since tomorrow is Valentine's Day, I would like to share with you the story of my very first Valentine. Her name was Fadzilah Noor Sha'arani, or Fazie for short. I met her in the second half of 1981 when I was attending tuition classes in preparation for my SPM public examinations. She was very quiet in class, but I managed to get her telephone number. She was a sweet young thing. Pretty, too and studied in the Assunta Secondary Girls School. Although outside tuition classes we met only once or twice, I began falling in love with Fazie. I wrote many letters to her and all were replied, much to my enjoyment. I also called her once in a while just to say hi. My feelings of love for her was not revealed until I was due to leave for Melbourne to further my studies. Since the departure date was quite near to Valentine's Day, I decided to visit the florist and place an order for a bouquet of flowers to be delivered to Fazie on Valentine's Day. And a few days later, after writing to her from Melbourne, she thanked me for making her my Valentine. Our love flourished long-distance and I did help her with her studies a bit. In July 1982, she was accepted to do secretaryship at ITM (now UiTM). The following year, I forgot all about Valentine's Day. But true to her spirit, I received a Valentine card from Fazie, which really made my day. When I returned from Melbourne, one of the first things that I did was to visit her at her hostel. Things did not turn out well and after some time, my relationship with Fazie soured. I have lost all contact with her, but she still remains in my heart until today as my very first Valentine. Fazie, if you are reading this, please drop me a line. I would love to hear from you!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


Visitor Map
Create your own visitor map!