Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Insomnia and I

I first developed insomnia in early 1984. It was more of the side-effects of a medication that I was taking at that time, rather than some crazy lifestyle, like clubbing and drinking. I don't drink. At the moment, I want to set my biological clock back to normal. I've got out of bed at 5.30 am sharp in the last three days. I hope to do it on a daily basis. My doctor has prescribed me sleeping pills, but I use them very sparingly as I don't want to make it a habit. I usually take this Lorazepam 1 mg pill if I want to make sure that I get quality sleep for the night. My supply is running low and I need to get fresh supplies soon. Also, it helps that you don't consume caffeine at least 3-4 hours before you sleep as caffeine stimulates your mind. Caffeine is found in many carbonated soft drinks and coffee. Also, you need to take your last meal at least three hours before hitting the sack. A glass of room-temperature milk and a cold bath also help you to go to sleep without trying too hard.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


Visitor Map
Create your own visitor map!