Saturday, December 02, 2006

Thosai Bawang, Anyone?

As I had just a few pieces of yellow water melon for lunch, naturally, I was hungry when tea time arrived just now. After getting some Xpax prepaid for my Nokia mobile, I thought it would be good to have something to satisfy my hunger. So I did want to have thosai. Wait a minute. Why not try thosai bawang? Bawang is the Malay word for onion.

Regular thosai batter is made from lentils and rice blended with water and left to ferment overnight. The batter is then ladled in small amounts onto a flat, preheated pan, where it is allowed to spread out into a circular shape and is fried with edible oil or ghee until golden brown. The thosai is then neatly folded in half and served. Thosai bawang is similar, but chopped and sauted onions are spread on it.

The verdict? Simply fantastic! The damages? A mere RM1.50 (US$0.40)...



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


Visitor Map
Create your own visitor map!