Thursday, June 21, 2007

Holland Win Amazing Shoot-Out

The Dutch Under-21s won an amazing 13-12 penalty shoot-out against their English Under-21s rival in the European Championships semis. I was hoping that my local satellite TV would show this match live. Alas, that was not the case and I was forced to follow the match through the internet. England led with a goal by Reading striker Lita just before the break. However, I think Stuart Pearce made a tactical mistake by substituting Lita two minutes before the end. Yes, and the Dutch equalized! The extra-time played yielded nothing and then came the penalty shoot-out. What a dramatic shoot-out it was. I was forced to refresh my PC something like once every 15 seconds! And in the end, England's tale of being beaten by penalties continues. Hard luck, boys! But, a very commendable effort.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


Visitor Map
Create your own visitor map!