Tuesday, November 06, 2007

The Journey Of Life

Life is a journey, not a destination. In this journey, more often than not, life is never a bed of roses. As I am experiencing a mid-life crisis as many others do, we often forget about the have-nots. Those who do not have anything to eat. Those who do not have a roof over their heads. And those who do not have proper clothes to wear. Yes, my crisis seems to be big. But, thank God, I still have food to eat, a proper home and clothes to wear, although I must admit that I can do with a complete wardrobe overhaul.

You see, some say life is cruel. But what have we done to overcome this cruelty? Ask yourself...when was the last time you helped someone in need...or donated to the needy...or spent time in volunteer work. Even in the richest nation in this world, there are poor and homeless people. What has the rich done to help the poor?

As I try to untangle my web of crisis, I can be grateful that I am not exactly that worse off either. If you think that if you are in some deep shit, please do not look at people that are better off than you. Please look at the have-nots and you would come into your senses that you could not do worse. Be grateful, always and thank God for the life that He had given to you as life if beautiful. And to live is to be grateful.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


Visitor Map
Create your own visitor map!