Wednesday, December 16, 2009

My Ramblings Today

Yeah, what should I write about today? Maybe about the Malaysian economy? Yesterday, I saw on the news that it is projected to grow in 2010. Huh? Really? At the snail pace we are experiencing, any type of GDP growth will be most welcomed. Prices of consumer goods had been spiralling in 2009 like nobody's business. Thousands had been laid off and this fact had been keep quiet by the Malaysian National Front government. I plan to jump into the work force some time next year and, frankly-speaking, I would be very lucky if I would be called by a few decent companies for interviews. With many years of working experience behind my back, I am sure I would be hard-pressed to land a decent paying job. Not to be too pessimistic, I am sure that greedy employers out there are only too willing to pay entry-level basic pay for fresh graduates, or even less. One cannot be too choosy now days. This reminds me of my lady friend who graduated from a local university in electronics engineering and could only land a job as a factory worker. Come on! More jobs must be made available to all. Or else, what is the point of churning out university graduates by the thousands. Even though I do not have a university scroll, I know what it is like to be in an employed environment. When I was a banker, working life seemed like a breeze. But, this is not so these days. Oh God! Please get me employment as soon as I am ready for it. Ameen!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


Visitor Map
Create your own visitor map!