Sunday, September 12, 2010

My Eid Mubarak 2010

Muslim Malaysians celebrated Eid Mubarak on Friday, 10th September, 2010, marking the end of 30 days of fasting during the holy month of Ramadhan. Eid Mubarak falls on the 1st of the month of Syawal and it is marked by Eid prayers all over Malaysia. My wife was cooking some Eid or Malaysians call it "Hari Raya" delicacies in the morning, when the gas supply ran out. Luckily, the Chinese sundry shop at out Pandan Indah suburb was open and by mid-day, my wife continued her preparations. In the end, she had cooked "rendang daging", "kuah satay" and some "nasi himpit". At around 2.30 p.m., my wife, my daughter and myself took a cab to Taman Tun Dr. Ismail, the home of my younger brother's in-laws. We had a sumptuous time, tucking into the home favourite "bamia soup" which has been the family's must-cook meal for the past few years. After that, my younger brother fetched us to his home in Mutiara Damansara where we were reunited with my sister, Akmar, whom I have not met for quite some time, and her children. We exchanged stories, had a short meal, while the children, my nieces and nephews played outdoor games. When the latter were tired, they went upstairs for internet surfing and played computer games. My family and I spent more than four hours at my brother, Amirul's home. It rained heavily on our way there, initially, though. When it was time to say goodbye, my brother fetched us to the Taman Bahagia LRT station. My family and I later made our way to the Jusco shopping centre in Taman Maluri, where my daughter, Soleha, bought a novel entitled "Lagenda Budak Setan" and my wife, Nor Hawa, bought herself an attractive blouse which was on sale. We arrived home way past 10.00 p.m., tired, but happy. To all Muslims all around the World, I would like to wish all of you a "Happy Eid Mubarak". May God bless us and the World.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


Visitor Map
Create your own visitor map!