Thursday, March 02, 2006

Planning And Succeeding

They say many people who "fail to plan, plan to fail". Success has a lot to do with planning, be it short-term, medium-term or long-term. Short-term plans are necessary to make both the medium and longer ones successful. However, sometimes even the best of plans fail. When this happens, it is fate.
When I left my job as executive secretary of VIOBA for a construction firm, little did I realize that I would regret the decision I made. This construction firm is owned by a close friend of mine whose company is working on a multi-million ringgit project in Pahang, Malaysia. However, things turned sour when the company's cashflow went from bad to critical so much so that I had to take a few weeks unpaid leave. Until today, this construction firm still owes me remuneration that I am entitled to.
Then, I had a sales and marketing job. I planned to give it my best shot. But in the end, I failed miserably. Only then did I realize that my sales and marketing skills are nothing to shout about. I have learnt my lessons.
Yesterday, my good friend Sean contacted me and informed me that he is trying to get VIOBA to accept me back into their fold. This is really good news as my jobhunt is really going nowhere. I have not had a job interview for ages. Anyway, I hope to be gainfully employed in the immediate future. This is what I plan and this time I am planning for success.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


Visitor Map
Create your own visitor map!