Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Tales Of Life And Gratefulness

I took a pay cut recently. This has resulted in my normal monthly budgeting going haywire, to say the least. Gone are the days when, after receiving my pay cheque, that I will have a comfortable amount to spend on anything that I need. Anyway, this process has made me realize that I have to be grateful for whatever I have, not whatever I can have. I do not have to starve, like millions of the world's population, as there is always food on the table. Also, I have a comfortable home, unlike those poor people who live on the streets. Yes, my apartment rental may be a bit steep, but it is very convenient. As I do not own wheels, I get around town using the train, bus and taxi services. My home is just 10 minutes away from the nearest train station. Bus services ply my area regularly and it is quite easy to flag down taxis. My clothing wardrobe may need a makeover, but I have more than enough clothes to wear day in and day out. I am very grateful for all these things and should I yearn for things that people above me possess, I always remind myself to look down at the less unfortunate inhabitants of the world. And I have good health. What more can I ask? Oh God! Thank you very much for bestowing everything that you have given me.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


Visitor Map
Create your own visitor map!