Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Happy Eid Mubarak & Independence Day 2011 !!

I would like to wish a Happy Eid Mubarak to all Muslims all over the world. After fasting for a month in Ramadhan this year, it is time for us to rejoice and celebrate our success in undergoing all the trials and tribulations that we had experienced. On a personal level, I honestly feel that this year's Ramadhan flew by extremely fast. It was just like yesterday that I felt that I had started fasting. And before I know it, it's already the month of Syawal. Like most Muslims, I gladly prayed tarawih prayers for the extra rewards it had offered. My only wish is for all my past sins to be forgiven and that I can go through another month of Ramadhan in 2012. On a sad note, I "lost" a very good friend of mine when the friend broke up with me on Nuzul Quran day (17th August 2011). Up till today, I am still confused and hurt. But life has to go on. I'll make many more friends as I journey through life and along the way, I'll lose some. That's the cycle in life. I'm trying my very best to forget this friend of mine. We have had some good times together.

Today, Malaysia celebrates its 54th Independence year. On 31st August, 1957, Malaysia (then, Malaya) was proclaimed independent by the late first Prime Minister of Malaysia, Tunku Abdul Rahman, the father of independence. The proclamation of independence was held at Stadium Merdeka, next to my alma mater, Victoria Institution, where I had studied from 1977 until 1981. I am still serving for Victoria Institution, albeit in a different capacity. Independence from imperialism is one thing. The most important thing is that we should aim to be independent from the whispers of satan who encourages us to do wrongful deeds, which would in turn incur the wrath of God. To all Malaysians, Merdeka! Merdeka! Merdeka!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


Visitor Map
Create your own visitor map!